Our month has been full of "non-traditional" school stuff. The pictures below will only include some of our winter fun, but I'll share the highlights first:
- wrapped up Owen's school with scoring a 100 on his semester review in math! Way to go o-man!
- Tate gave us the gift of potty training...yippee!!!!
- hosted our 2nd Vinson Boys' Ornament Exchange with lots of friends (33 kids, 12 moms)
- baking cookies for BIble study teachers and local firemen...this was our 3rd yr going
- driving around to see the holiday lights
- went to the Murfreesboro Parade with friends
- Owen went with his scouts to a local potter and made his own dish...video below...it's awesome!
- attending the FSM Cowboy Christmas Party and doing some square dancing and learning poker..thks Jerry!
- Chad starting his doctorate program
- hosting my mom a few days before Christmas and treating her to ICE..an amazing ice sculpting that depicts the Charlie Brown Christmas Story...it was all of 9 degrees in this place- crazy cold!!
- enjoyed the slowness of our Christmas morning in our own home, although we missed seeing family
- the boys loving hot chocolate with their Christmas breakfast
- watching lots of holiday movie specials
- the Sunday after Christmas we loved on others by taking candy canes to 2 local assisted living homes and gave lots of big hugs and smiles to the residents. I'm sure this is something we will continue as a family, because the boys really enjoyed seeing their faces light up when they were handed a treat.
Owen on the ice slide
"Tate our little politician" - shaking hands, huggin' and wishing meeeerrrrrrrry Christmas-