Saturday, September 5, 2009

Needed Encouragement

This week has been a hard week emotionally and physically for me and I'm so thankful to have been encouraged a bit by these words written from my favorite devotional book, Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young.

I am your best friend, as well as your King. Walk hand in hand with Me through your life. Together we will face whatever each day brings: pleasures, hardships, adventures, disappointments. Nothing is wasted when it is shared with Me. I can bring beauty out of ashes of lost dreams. I can glean Joy out of sorrow, Peace out of adversity. Only a friend who is also the King of kings could accomplish this divine alchemy. There is no other like Me!
The friendship I offer you is practical and down-to-earth, yet it is saturated with heavenly Glory. Living in My Presence means living in two realms simultaneously: the visible world and unseen, eternal reality. I have equipped you to stay conscious of Me while walking along dusty, earthbound paths.

1 comment:

Anna Morrison said...

Beautiful words. You have been close to me today in my thoughts. I love you so much. Indeed, you are not alone.