Friday, December 7, 2007

Holiday Quote

I thought this was a timely quote on my calendar this month:

" To be content with what we possess is the greatest and most secure of riches."
-Cicero


Now I must say that I don't agree that it is the "greatest," but contentment is not easily embraced in our culture. In my mind, it isn't just referring to material items, which IS in abundance here, but more importantly, the uniqueness in the way that our Heavenly Father created each of us. With our own gifts and talents, let us bring it to our tables of friendship without comparison; the joy stealer!

1 comment:

Lois Mann said...

Laurie, you still have a way with words!

What a wonderful surprise to get your card and pictures of the boys. Somehow I did not have your TN address so now I will send you one of Christmas letters with pictures of our travels this summer and fall!

We'll still get to TN sometime to visit!